Monday, March 1, 2010

Define Kindness:

Define Kindness:

By definition of Wikipedia.org

Kindness- is the act or state of being kind, and marked by charitable behavior, marked by mild disposition, pleasantness, tenderness, and concern for others.

Simply put kindness is being nice. If you are showing someone kindness you are being nice to them. Everyone has the ability to show others kindness. Yet, it’s a choice to show kindness, to act on it. If you are offering support to someone having a rough time, hold open a door for someone with their hand full, or pass over a penny to someone who is a penny short, these are all acts of kindness. The act of kindness can be big or small just do it with love in your heart.

I would like to believe that I am kind. At times I know that I am kind, yet am I kind to everyone or only to those that I deem worthy of my kindness. I would like to teach my daughter kindness. Unconditional kindness so that she is kind to everyone.

I have known very few people who were unconditionally kind, only 2 that were like that every time I saw them. They were sweet and always willing to do whatever they could for whomever they could. My Grandma Estelle and my Aunt Pat these two women always spoke with a quiet voice and did what ever they could for anyone they could. I know that they were always unconditionally kind to me and whenever I was around they came across that way. (This is my perception of these two women.)

No comments:

Post a Comment