Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Red Power Ranger


Okay at some point my kid has combined the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus?




Let me start at the beginning. CarLee – my totally awesome Girl Kid did not actually get her teeth until she was almost a year old. Then of course she got them all at one time. That was so much fun. (The sarcasm was just oozing right there if you could not tell.) End of that part of the story – she got all of her teeth. Once at her pediatrician’s office, he said to be careful that she might be likely to get cavities because her teeth were a little jagged. Fast forward 2 years and her first dentist appointment no cavities no problems that they could see. The dentist patted us both on the head and said keep up the good work. Well, not really but basically that was the gist of it.

A couple of months ago, she started asking when she would lose her teeth. I basically told her I did not know and that everyone was different. That they would come out in their own time. (This was a really good mommy moment for me, huh?) So, the other day she said her tooth hurt, and I asked her to show me which one. She pointed and opened her mouth. I looked and while looking I noticed that I could actually see 2 teeth along her gum lines. I laughed. Sorry, but all I could really think about was her new teeth were about to kick her old teeth out. I told her what I saw; she got excited and told her daddy. This was Sunday 01/01/2012.

Well, last night Girl Kid and her daddy went to get shoes. When they got home, she peaked in the door and said mommy I have something to show you. I said, “What?” She kind of turned toward lee and said, “Can I show her?” Lee said “not yet”. The two of them went back and forth for a while. Then Lee said, “OK, go show her.” CarLee ran towards me all excited and says, “My tooth is loose.” This kid was so stinking excited about her first loose tooth. Yes, of course I went to get my camera and made CarLee point to the loose tooth, while I took pictures of it. I am just a little weird. A minute later after CarLee had left the living room and was not within ear shot, Lee says, “She already made a wish to the tooth fairy.”

Okay so maybe I should not have been, but I was shocked. I think my mouth feel open. A wish? To the Tooth Fairy, what you talkin bout Willis? Lee told me, that CarLee had made a wish for a red power ranger to the tooth fairy or for the money to buy it; she could not be specific because she did not know how much a read power ranger cost. At this point I am laughing and thinking – Yes, I rubbed my belly and begged for my kid to have personality. Wish granted. So, I asked lee what we were going to do. Dumb. He said, “Well at least Wal-Mart is 24 hours, in case we have to go in the middle of the night.” In our family, CarLee’s imagination/awesomeness wins every time.

Conclusion: Mommy, meaning yours truly hit Wal-Mart at 6:30 am (before work) to pick up a red power ranger.

Operation Tooth Fairy: Accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment